Fedora - time to blink

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:02:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 23:09 +0000, Pedro Francisco wrote:
>> Right thread though,
>
> May be (as few of us can remember the origins of this thread), but
> you've replied at the wrong point.  By this time the conversation has
> changed, and your reply has nothing to do with the message that you've
> replied to.  And that's what replies should be (one message in reply to
> another *particular* message).  You need to go further back, and make
> your reply to the right place.  It's the only way that it'll make any
> sense to anybody reading it.

I'm not following your point. I replied to the first message, the one
which started the thread.

I did make a mistake and top-posted, which damaged the context but if
you are reading the mailing list on Thunderbird or some other mail
client which supports threaded view, you'll see I replied to the right
message.

You can argue that to those who read in Gmail and such the message
will appear at the bottom. That is a valid point but I can't do
anything about it besides bottom-posting to keep the context.

I saw a bad review, quickly scanned the thread to see if anyone else
had seen a pattern on what was working badly (networking related) and
decided to add my information, namely the peripheral possibly
responsible and a possible solution which I'm occasionaly working on.

There was no other solution for me to do what I did, except to avoid
the top-posting which indeed was an error on my part.