GNOME2 support revisited

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Dec 1 19:49:30 UTC 2011

Now that MINT has both a GNOME2 port and ax extension (plugin, whatever) for
GNOME3 to make it usable without user retraining, will these features be
available in Fedora17, or has the move to kill GNOME2 become a holy war.

We support RHEL6 installations, and in addition to training time and application
(re)development costs, people complain that switching between GUI hurts
productivity, creates typos, etc, etc. People spend time whining about it, that
definitely hurts productivity.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>