Tablet Acer Iconia W500, anyone?

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Dec 2 11:39:01 UTC 2011

Hi there,

>> Given the relatively low cost of
>> the hardware these days, it's much more realistic to simply buy both
>
>DonĀ“t extrapolate your income levels to the rest of the world. And
>notice the OP was from Brazil.
>
>Hardware costs, when duties and taxes are factored, can be 2x as much,
>and incomes are often 1/3 to 1/4th.

While this is true, Why spend on a hardware without a reasonable expectancy that it'll work the way I want?

I see sometimes (even here in Brazil) people from TI have a "collection" of eletronic gadgets which serves no actual purpose, just to show friends ;-)

If there's a good chance the W500 can work as a pure tablet using Gnome 3, I'll buy one. If not, or if this may take a lot of time, I just wait because some months in the future there'll be a better similar device. If I had the expertise or free time to actually help make it work, then I'd by now.

Until now it doesn't look like I can install Fedora and use it on a pure tablet. So I keep my current netbook, which is yet not old.

[]s, Fernando Lozano