The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 3 13:14:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 08:40 +0000, JB wrote:
> Craig White <craigwhite <at> azapple.com> writes:
>
> Man, you brought me back from hibernation again ...
----
was not my intention to do so... take responsibility for your own
actions rather than blame others
----
> That user base (technical and non-technical) started to run away from RH and
> Fedora (see the stats I presented to you here) already in anticipation of
> future "progress" (GNOME 3, systemd, SELinux, etc).
> You got a bill for your "advances" and "progress".
> Now deal with it.
----
SELinux is quite good actually. Systemd, I have had little reason to
interact with it so far and I expect that when I do, I will curse for
having to learn new tricks but eventually figure out that there's wisdom
here. Been using Ubuntu for 8 months now, still unclear of some of the
upstart logic but it's obvious that the SysV stuff was tired.
----

> > - you want to pin some relevance to whatever Linux Torvalds thinks about
> > Gnome is actually significant to this or any discussion,
> >
> > your whimpers are laughable. I don't recall seeing you post on this list
> > before tonight. Are you a longtime Fedora user? Been using a different
> > name?
> >
> > Craig
> >

> You are a clueless troll. Educate yourself.
----
Sorry to see that you have degenerated to making this so personal but
hey, if that's what comprises effective argumentation for you, then go
for it.

The last visit we had on this topic pretty much concluded that Fedora's
embrace of latest technologies didn't exactly mesh with your
expectations and I remarked that you should probably find a distribution
that does.

Craig

believed to be clean.