The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 3 13:31:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 21:29 -0800, Scott Doty wrote:
> On 12/02/2011 09:02 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > - you want to pin some relevance to whatever Linux Torvalds thinks
> > about Gnome is actually significant to this or any discussion, your
> > whimpers are laughable. I don't recall seeing you post on this list
> > before tonight. Are you a longtime Fedora user? Been using a different
> > name? Craig
>
> This is ludicrous.
>
> Pally, your blathering flamebait regarding Linus' opinion was unwanted,
> unwelcome, and illustrative of the kind of thinking that idolizes shiny
> things, without ever having to do real work on a computer.
>
> I've personally been using Linux since 1992, Redhat since the
> "Halloween" release up until FC1 began, and every release of FC/F up
> until today -- not that that matters one iota, except to point out just
> how much you've messed up, Son.
>
> Old timers will note that I have attacked nothing but your arguments --
> and if that reflects poorly on the arguer, that's for you to figure out.
>
> Meanwhile, everybody sees what you just did -- and those with critical
> thinking skills can see, plainly, the logical fallacies that you are
> clearly unaware of having uttered.  That, too, is your problem -- all
> because you posted your flame bait.
>
> Hell, isn't it?
----
I get the impression that you're suggesting that I lack critical
thinking skills but you have them. Ignoring the sheer arrogance of that
thinking for the moment, let me just point out that Gnome 2 is dead and
won't be coming to another Fedora release ever - little critical
thinking needs to be done to understand that.

As for the hell you imply that I might be feeling - sure. It's hell to
see what undoubtedly passes for adults in other arena's acting like
impudent children stammering and jumping up and down and shouting... I
want that toy.

The real flamebait here was Ed's original post in the thread about your
beloved Linus embracing Gnome 3 - his earlier dis or his current embrace
of Gnome 3 really doesn't matter... Gnome 2 is dead save for any
reasonable efforts to fork it (which I doubt will ever occur).

Craig

believed to be clean.