The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:04:40 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 December 2011 07:37:21 Scott Doty wrote:
> If you want to have your ideas respected, I suggest you come up with
> respectable ideas.  "Stop using Fedora" is not one of them.  "Linus'
> opinion doesn't matter" is not one of them.

Respect on this list is obtained by providing high-quality advice to people
who ask for it. Craig is a long-term participant on this list, and does hold a
certain amount of respect in the eyes of other people here. OTOH, I don't
remember you giving any advice to anyone here, up until this thread started.

The "stop using Fedora" is in fact a very useful advice --- if Fedora does not
meet your needs, you have absolute freedom to try out and migrate to some
other distro that does. Fedora is not for everyone, and I don't always
recommend it to everyone. It takes a certain personality profile to be able to
use Fedora successfully. Most notably the ability to embrace new technologies,
the ability to put up with occasional rough edges, and the ability to handle
steep learning curves.

If you don't have these abilities, then Fedora is probably not the right
choice for you. If I were you, I would give Craig's advice more serious
consideration.

HTH :-)
Marko