The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Dec 3 19:13:31 UTC 2011

Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 07:26 -0800, Scott Doty wrote:
>
>> On 12/03/2011 05:14 AM, Craig White wrote:
>>
>>>    The last visit we had on this topic pretty much concluded that
>>> Fedora's embrace of latest technologies didn't exactly mesh with your
>>> expectations and I remarked that you should probably find a
>>> distribution that does. Craig
>>>
>> "Love it or leave it."
>>
>> Fortunately for us -- and not so fortunately for you -- Fedora is a
>> community Linux distribution.
>>
>> It is not a Craig White Linux distribution.
>>
>> ...and I daresay any such _Linux_ distribution won't go very far, when
>> its fearless leader has such a low opinion of _Linus_.
>>
> ----
> I don't recall ever professing to have any influence on the choices that
> Fedora developers make nor do I ever use the users list as a soap box
> for my thoughts on the matter. I am content to live with their decisions
> and make the best of whatever short term issues arise and do bugzilla
> reports when something fails to meet my expectations.

Your memory is failing too.

    On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 21:29 -0800, Scott Doty wrote:

    I get the impression that you're suggesting that I lack critical
    thinking skills but you have them. Ignoring the sheer arrogance of that
    thinking for the moment, let me just point out that Gnome 2 is dead and
    won't be coming to another Fedora release ever - little critical
    thinking needs to be done to understand that.

Given that adoption of the GNOME2 fork from MINT has been discussed
here, it
would seem that you sure as hell SOUNDS like you are professing
influence on
Fedora content, It sounds as if you, single handedly, can prevent
inclusion.
Or do your "critical thinking skills" mean only "critical of others?"

Anyway, therer is a credible port, you also said:

    Gnome 2 is dead save for any
    reasonable efforts to fork it (which I doubt will ever occur).

Before you claim that I take that sentence out of context, it was part
of a paragraph about
flame-bait, and was out of context already.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen at tmr.com>