The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Sat Dec 3 23:18:34 UTC 2011

On 12/03/2011 02:31 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> However it would still be better to pursue pushing for positive change
> through the bug reporting system since that is where the developers
> certainly will be much more likely to read input than here?

Agreed, as well as joining the Gnome usability list.

I've been lurking on the list much of late, but I will be damned if I
have to sit here and watch some snot-nosed CS101 punk "dis'" Linus.

Gnome developers, on the other hand...well, I would say they have it
coming to them, but I think that would be incorrect:  the problem was a
lack of communication, a lack of feedback on big changes.

I'm not the only one caught off-guard by the changes in Gnome 3 -- nor
do I have to like the game of "gotcha" people played when I first
brought it up.  Alas, I haven't had anywhere near the time to put into
supporting change that I'd like.  (Maybe this will be the impetus that
lights a fire under my tail end.)

  -Scott