Static interface-addresses and Firefox/Thunderbird off-line mode

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Dec 4 09:52:26 UTC 2011

At work I have a system with static interface addresses. I.e. I have set
the IP-numbers outside of NetworkManager, I even did not have
NetworkManager installed (can not see any reason for that on a system
that is stationary and have static IP_addresses).

Since I upgraded this system from Fedora-14 to Fedora-16 Firefox and
Thunderbird starts up in off-line mode. I installed NetworkManager to
see if that helped. But they still start up in off-line mode, which is
annoying as the network is there and has been since the computer was
started.

Anyone else had this problem? Or anyone out there that can give me a
pointer on how to get Firefox and Thunderbird started in on-line mode,
just as it was in Fedora-14?

I am using Gnome3 in forced fall-back mode.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/