Static interface-addresses and Firefox/Thunderbird off-line mode

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 4 22:25:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 10:52 +0100, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> I even did not have NetworkManager installed (can not see any reason
> for that on a system that is stationary and have static IP_addresses).

Other than, perhaps, it to automatically notice when you're plugged and
unplugged from the network (or some other loss of networking).  I'm not
sure if it'll do that with static configurations, but it may be an
advantage to you if it does.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686