The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:42:54 UTC 2011

On Sunday 04 December 2011 12:21:44 Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/04/2011 11:26 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > Gnome3 provides a desktop for that vast majority of ignorant people who
> > want a zero-slope learning curve between the smartphone, TV, computer,
> > car and microwave oven.
>
> "Anything
> worth using has a learning curve."
>
> The ignoranti may want a UI with no learning curve, but they're not
> going to get it.  Even the nipple takes time for an infant to learn how
> to use.

I agree with you completely, but the Gnome devs are apparently pushing to
prove us wrong... :-)

However, as a happy KDE user I don't have to worry about the Gnome devs. Btw,
you reminded me of that common saying, "build a system that even an idiot can
use, and only idiots will use it", which may give people a bit of perspective
on the route Gnome is taking... ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko