SOLVED: Re: Static interface-addresses and Firefox/Thunderbird off-line mode

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Mon Dec 5 08:04:01 UTC 2011

On 12/04/2011 03:10 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> In Firefox go to "about:config" and set network.manage-offline-status to
> false

Worked!

> In Thunderbird set toolkit.networkmanger.disable to true

Did not work, strangely enough.

I then went into system-config-network to take a look, that's were I
once had my interfaces setup, and noticed that 'Controlled by
NetworkManager' was un-ticked, so i ticked it, reset the configuration
options above, and tried again. This times both thunderbird and firefox
started at once when logging in.

So apparently, to make NetworkManager happy with static addresses that
has been set up with system-config-network, one needs to tick
'Controlled by NetworkManager'.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>