3w-9xxx f14->f15 breakage

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 5 18:47:49 UTC 2011

> My second, probably bad, guess is that the
> initramfs has not been built correctly. I used preupgrade to upgrade my
> box so it was running on an F15 kernel when it installed the F15 kernel.
>
> Can you try to boot the system off a Live image (Usb stick will work)
> and see if that detects your root partition?

Yup the install DVD could mount the array.

While in the rescue environment I removed and reinstalled the f15 kernel.

The same thing happened when I rebooted.

Since I have the messages up again I see something about IRQ 35 rerouted
to legacy IRQ 19

before dacut drops me to a shell.

The first warning I get is:
WARNING: (0x06:0x002c) command (0x12) timed out resseting card

The f14 kernel does not do the IRQ rerouting or so says dmesg.