Problem booting under F16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Dec 5 21:37:39 UTC 2011

Currently, the laptop goes into emergency mode and hangs two out of
three times if I use the newest kernel.  The third time it continues
until it says that SELinux needs to relabel things and that it might
take a while.  Then it just sits with no disk activity until I power
cycle it.  If I try booting from the old F14 kernel, it's a Ronson:
"first time, every time."  No trouble booting.

One of the things worrying me now is that I have three kernels: the
newest, the upgrade kernel and the old, working one.  I'd like to get
rid of the upgrade kernel, safely, so that the next kernel update
doesn't nuke the only working one I currently have.  Anybody know how?