Problem booting under F16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 6 05:12:52 UTC 2011

On 12/05/2011 05:57 PM, Craig White wrote:
> I am under the impression that you can change the 'installonly_limit'
> value in /etc/yum.conf (of which kernel is definitely one of those) but
> to be honest, I've never tinkered with it.

I've also heard that, but wasn't sure just where it was.  I wonder if it
would be safe to edit grub.conf by moving the upgrade kernel to the
bottom and rebuilding grub.cfg so that if there's another kernel update
before I get this fixed, the working kernel isn't nuked.

Also, somebody on fedoraforum says that if you upgrade by yum (I used
preupgrade) it installs grub2 but doesn't actually activate it.  You
have to do that part yourself.  Do you know anything about this?