Using Draftsight on a 64 bit system

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at
Tue Dec 6 15:03:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM, antonio.montagnani at
<antonio.montagnani at> wrote:
>  Planning to switch some systems to 64 bit.
> Is anybody running on a 64 bit
> system??
> What are the tricks to follow??

I tried DraftSight many months ago while I was still running Fedora 14
x86_64 but never got it to run.

I'm working on packaging FreeCAD[1]*** on RPM Fusion, however, it's a
full solid modeling CAD, not just 2D. I'd be interested in
beta-testers though.

*** Disclaimer: While FreeCAD itself it GPLv2+/LGPLv2+ licensed, it
uses OpenCascasde which is non-free due to it's license, so FreeCAD
if/when approved will have to go into the RPM Fusion non-free