Major upgrade failure

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 6 21:49:48 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 12:39 PM, JB wrote:
> I think you should download and burn F16 live-cd (XFCE I guess is safest for
> you) and start with a clean install.

Why?  Wouldn't it be even better to create a kickstart file so that all
of my installed programs come back and I can use my current /home
partition, then use the DVD to get everything at once?  (Naturally, I'd
leave Gnome out of the kickstart file so that I only get what's needed.)
  Granted, you may be right about the fresh start, but I can't see
bothering with a liveCD when I'd need to spend days, maybe, reinstalling
what I actually need.