FC16 newbe questions

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 8 14:10:54 UTC 2011

So I skipped FC15.  I never worked on Vista of WIn7, always using the
'classic' windows desktop in XP.  So I have some REAL challenges
adjusting th GNOME in FC16....

Like where are my workspaces?  I work with 4 of them for my different
set of jobs.  Maybe with the added memory on this lenovo, I might go
with 6...

Where are the System Admin tools like Services and Printer?   Oops just
found Services in 'other'.

I LIKE keyboard shortcuts like Alt-F1 and arrow keys to select what I
want to start without all this messy desktop icons nonsense.

Getting info on workspaces is probably my first concern, but where is
some decent info on how to navigate around now?