gnome 3

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at
Thu Dec 8 15:34:36 UTC 2011

On Thursday 08 December 2011 15:18:59 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> As many user probably, I prefer the version of gnome 2.x (like the
> one running with fedora 14) to gnome 3. Is there any option to keep
> the previous version of gnome runing with the more recent versions of
> fedora?

No, there isn't. What you can do is to migrate to a different DE, like XFCE,

Also, you can force Gnome3 to go to the "fallback mode" (used if your graphics
hardware doesn't support 3D acceleration), which looks more like the old
Gnome2, but doesn't support most of the features the old one had.

HTH, :-)