Weird Audacity behaviour

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Dec 8 18:36:17 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I'm used to give distance classes using a flash-based webconferencing
software (dimdim, unfortunately became closed source). I usually run
audacity at the same time to record audio so students can download later.
But yesterday audacity had a very strange behaviour: some class segments
were overwritten over previous ones. Like I there were two of me talking
different things at the same time.

I usually do this on a dual core desltop, but yesterday I was on a atom
netbook. I had tested for a few minutes before class and it was all fine.
Maybe audacity and my netbook can't handle the load for a two-hour class?
Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Any ideas on how to filter and isolate my two simultaneous speeches?
[]s, Fernando Lozano