Unable to get into X

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 22:05:09 UTC 2011

On 8 December 2011 20:02, Leonardo Silveira <sombriks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Change the target as shown there:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd#How_do_I_change_the_default_runlevel.3F
>
> but i don't know how to do it directly from grub...

http://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_debug_Systemd_problems&oldid=231933#Boot_into_rescue_mode_or_to_a_emergency_shell

"To boot directly into rescue mode add systemd.unit=rescue.target or 1
to the kernel command line."
I guess you'd give it multi-user.target or runlevel3.target if you
wanted to boot it as a one-off. Also the old runlevel numbers still
work; you can just add '3' to the kernel arguments and get runlevel 3.

--
imalone