using bluetooth and cell phone in Fedora 16

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Thu Dec 8 22:05:29 UTC 2011

OK, I went and did a fresh install of the LXDE spin on both my 64-bit
and older 32-bit laptops. Then updated everything, and installed
gnome-bluetooth, and went into gnome-control-center.

On the 64-bit machine (Dell Lattitude E5400 or the Thinkpad T61), I get
a blank grey window. On the 32-bit Dell Latitude D610, I get a window
with lots of icons.

No messages on the terminal window.

Thoroughly confused as to what is going on, except that I had no
problems till Fedora 14.

Are there alternatives to using Gnome in order to get the cellphone
dial-up networking working via bluetooth?

Many thanks,
Ranjan