Unable to get into X

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Dec 8 22:40:52 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 02:05 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> I guess you'd give it multi-user.target or runlevel3.target if you
> wanted to boot it as a one-off. Also the old runlevel numbers still
> work; you can just add '3' to the kernel arguments and get runlevel 3.

We'll soon know for sure.  However, once it's up what logs to I need to
examine/preserve/upload to find out what's happening?  Should I try
removing the kmod/akmod drivers and seeing if nouveau works?  (I think
I've got it blacklisted on the kernel line right now, but that's easy
enough to correct.)  I don't want to mangle any info that might be
needed later, if possible, so please let me know what you think I'll need.