Thunderbird - Disappearing Characters

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 8 23:02:08 UTC 2011

This is very strange and I just want to know if anyone else is seeing
it.....

I'm running TB 8.0 on F15.  I've 4 email accounts defined.  The system
is up 24/7 and I never logout so TB is also always running.  After
fairly long time, a week or more (haven't kept a log), all the Chinese
characters are missing/gone.

A subject like this...

101年農會人員考試 11/28~12/2報名! fmbdugloaf

will read

101                        11/28~12/2      ! fmbdugloaf

Restarting TB will restore it.  Anyone seeing anything like it?

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless