FC16 newbe questions

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Dec 9 02:29:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 17:50 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 12:47 PM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 14:30 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> >> Activate "activities" by putting the mouse into the upper-left corner of the
> >> screen. Then you can see a list of currently open workspaces on the far right
> >> on the screen, where you can click to switch between them (and make an
> >> indecent-for-public comment on mouse-mileage of the desktop design).
> > Or install gnome-shell-extension-righthotcorner, move your mouse to the
> > top right corner, and make indecent-for-public comment on the fact that
> > options are installable rather than configurable.
>
> I installed this and don't see anything different.  I even logged out
> and in and nothing.
>
> In the top right I have my user name and if I click on it I get a pull
> down for a number of choices including logout and suspend.

In F15 at least, pushing the cursor into the top right corner has the
same effect as pushing it into the top left corner.  Then you can just
move the cursor straight down to select a workspace.  It works for me,
but I'm still on F15 for another week or so.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences