Writing a book w/F16?

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Fri Dec 9 20:30:44 UTC 2011

> Hi.
>
> I need to know what software f16 includes to aid in the task of writing
> a book (not just spelling and TOC). libreoffice I'm using, but is too
> slow and unappropriate when working with lots of text. Please dont'
> advise to change OS, I'm a sysadmin and need fedora on all my laptops.
>
> Mind mapping (freemind is ok, any alternatives?), editing separated
> chapters and ordering afterwards, possibility of looking a list of
> sections or chapters summaries, comparing visually two texts, create
> tables of contents, fast access by indexes, use the less scrolling as
> possible (I know the fast key combinations)... maybe i'm asking too
> much.

I'm a writer of fiction (published a zombie series and a couple of other
series). I've used Writers Cafe on Linux a number of times. It's a good
application, with a number of nice features, that might suit you. Also,
there is work on a Linux port of Scrivener
<http://literatureandlatte.com/wiki/doku.php?id=running_scrivener_in_linux>
which is often considered the de facto standards writer's tool. I've used
the alpha version of Scrivener on Linux and it's quite good.

Otherwise I just use LibreOffice. Hope that helps.

> Thanks!
> --
> NOSpaze <nospaze at gmail.com>
>
> --

jack wallen, jr <--- lover of entropy

Writer of the I Zombie trilogy, the Fringe Killer series, Shero, and the
upcoming The Book of Jacob Series. www.monkeypantz.net