[Fedora] Writing a book w/F16?

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 10 20:25:49 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:38:20 +0100 (CET)
Walter Cazzola <cazzola at dico.unimi.it> wrote:
> I don't see anything better than LaTeX/TeX to write a book either for
> technical or popular writing. If you absolutely need the WYSIWYG thing
> try lyx but as someone told this is just distracting you from the
> content.

I've been a LyX user for five years(!), and I really have to say that
the thing has grown on me.

IMNSHO LyX is word processing done right. It's easy to use, and
extremely powerful; especially if you need to be able to write, e.g.,
mathematical equations.

But even for plain word processing it's a killer application. For
instance, cross-references work out-of-the-box and the GUI is very
simple and easy to use.

And, since it uses LaTeX on the background, you can really do very neat
things with it, if you want and know how.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org