Unable to get into X

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Dec 11 03:52:43 UTC 2011

Good news: I borrowed my sister's (PS2) keyboard, put it on my desktop
and tried it.  It worked.  I booted directly into a CLI and posted my
xorg.conf at http://www.zeff.us/xorg.conf and looked at
.xsession-errors, but saw nothing obviously wrong.  Startx worked, but
got me into what looks like a Gnome 3 session, not XFCE.  That's not a
big problem, except that I had trouble finding some of the things I
needed and and to use ^Alt-Backspace to kill X.

I'll be busy Sunday, but will get another keyboard Monday.  Once I've
done that, I'll try such things as posting the GDM log (Where was it
again?) and other stuff.  BTW, how do I turn the ssh daemon back on in
F16 because it can come in handy.