f16 - gthumb

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 16:36:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> More **issues** with f16!  Or is it GFnome3?  :)
>
> gthumb
>
> They have crippled it.  It seems.
>
> In full screen it is only showing thumbprints!  It will not go up to
> real "full screen" (image filling as much of screen as possible).  And
> GIFs are not animated.
>
> Slideshow is gone.
>
> Image editting is gone.
>
> And don't tell me to use the imageViewer supplied.  It will not show the
> images say in date last modified, reverse order; only in name sort order.
>
> grrr.
>
> Well thunderbird is working (I am running 4 thunderbirds copies of it
> each to a different mail directory and logins; I don't like to run all
> in one, it messes up the folders.  Or rather it gets too cluttered.

I found that you can go into the gthumb preferences and fiddle with
the settings to get "normal" behaviour back - but offhand I can't
remember what I changed - however if you fiddle with the settings a
but it "can" be made to work satisfactorily. Maybe there was a
standard gthumb config file that was changed for f16?

Mike
--
mike c