Fedora causes laptop to overheat

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 12 06:28:22 UTC 2011

On 12/12/11 15:38, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 12-12-11 05:21, g wrote:
>> On 12/11/2011 09:34 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
>>> FWIW I have seen something similar on my workstation with up-to-date F16
>>> x86_64 with GNOME3. The ATI HD57xx card heats up to more than 90C even
>>> when I was just typing an email in Thunderbird and nothing else loaded.
>> how intensive is your display? ie, horz x vert res, refresh rate, amount
> Afaik it's 1920x1080 at 60Hz.

This is interesting to me.
I run a desktop, with  GT8600 graphics card, Firefox, Thunderbird,
Drupal, Gimp and of late it's been so hot I can cook toast on it.
On warm days  the display goes haywire. I purchased a large cooling fan
that blows air direct on the video card cpu cooler and it's been very
stable for 3 weeks now.
Roger