fedora equivalent of recovery disk

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 12 06:36:00 UTC 2011

On 12/11/2011 10:25 PM, jarmo wrote:
> sunnuntai, 11. joulukuuta 2011 21:54:28 Paul Allen Newell kirjoitti:
>> I have been following the "fedora causes laptop to overheat" as my HP
>> dv6500 is showing signs of malfunctioning, potentially an overheating
> I think, this is not Fedora issue. It is computer. I hve dv9000 series
> and it is commonly known bad soldering of graphic card. I bet you
> have there nvidia. HP and nviia dos not take any responsibility
> for that. Jus google and you see mass of similar. This is mostly
> for 6000 ad 9000 series problem
>
> Jarmo

Jarmo:

The computer was originally my niece's and she got the bright idea that
if the computer "got hurt" while under warranty, she'd get a new one.
Best Buy didn't give her a new one, but managed to fix it to the point
where I think everything except the Windows Vista serial number was
replaced. She somehow or another scored another computer and I inherited
the rebuild model (which is fair since I bought it for her when she
turned 18).

I know it is a new graphics display and the associated connections to
the box. So I can't rely on historical issues with HP as who knows what
is in it. It may be HP parts, but the assembly is from Best Buy. And it
is so out of warranty that I couldn't claim defect as it survived the
warranty and Best Buy's extended warranty including a very bad night for
the computer at the hands of my niece and roommates.

That being said, I am going to google the info you provided to see if it
gives me any additional info.

Thanks for the reply,
Paul