fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 12 08:40:40 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 06:46 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 10:29 PM, g wrote:
>>>>
>>> Appreciate the catch on the typo
>> lol.
>>
>> welcome.
>>

> G:
>
> I went through the clonezilla page and liked what I saw until I hit:

ok. i was not aware of that limit.

there is also, gui 'simple burn';

  http://simpleburn.tuxfamily.org/ecord

but i believe is too simple.

it also has 'cdrtools';

  http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

which i believe will handle multi dvd's for cloning, not sure as i have
never used for such.

if you do not mind gui copying of files, kde's  k3b will give you a dvd
'fill bar'. i do not use gnome, do do not know what it has for burning.

kde and gnome live;

  http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/16/Live/i686/
or
  http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/16/Live/x86_64/

excuse delay of replying. i tried some googleing looking for hdd cloning
to dvd and multi dvd's. zip.

all of this makes me appreciate 'cpio' and tape drives. i wonder if
'cpio' can be combined with 'cdrtools'?

where by it would be nice if you had an external usb drive large enough
to clone to, or another computer you could move laptop drive to and
clone from there.

after i send this, i am going to boot 'parted magic' and have another
look at just what is on it. there was something on desktop that i did not
look at and could not find it on  'parted magic' site.

in a few.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**