fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Dec 12 14:27:32 UTC 2011

On 12 Dec 2011 at 10:15, g wrote:

Date sent:	Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:15:41 +0000
From:	g <geleem at bellsouth.net>
Organization:	argosyiayia.ciee.lab
To:	fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject:	Re: fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question
Send reply to:	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
	<mailto:users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>

> On 12/12/2011 08:40 AM, g wrote:
> <>
>
> > in a few.
>
> a few...
>

> saw again what i saw before, but was not of help, so i checked what
> was in 'utilities'.
>
> among them are;
>
>   UDPcast
>
>   Partition Image
>
>   Ghost for Linux

As the current maintainer of G4L since about 2004, I'm not sure
which version is included with partedmagic, but the latest release
version on sourceforge has newer version of udpcast and has
fsarchiver that does file level backups of many file systems. It also
has lvm support..

Current versions are build via my Fedora 14 systems.

> you can read about them here;
>
>   http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=programs
>
> and check links and google.
>

> hth.
>

> i had a long day sunday and monday is going to be longer. i need to
> crash.
>

> back later.
>

> much luck.
>
> --
>
> peace out.
>
> tc.hago,

> .
>
> *please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*
>
> ****
> in a free world without fences, who needs gates.
> **
> help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today.
> **
> to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it.
> to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
> **
> The installation instructions stated to install Windows 2000 or
> better. So I installed Linux. ** learn linux: 'Rute User's Tutorial
> and Exposition' http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html 'The Linux
> Documentation Project' http://www.tldp.org/ 'LDP HOWTO-index'
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/index.html 'HowtoForge'
> http://howtoforge.com/ ****

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11545249.422487   |   EINSTEIN     6983764.049851
ROSETTA      4023274.283875   |   ABC          9748679.568625