fedora equivalent of recovery disk

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Dec 12 17:34:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, g wrote:

> but i believe you and some others have lost sight of fact that op, paul
> does not indicate that he has an external hdd and that he desires
> ability to burn a clone/backup of system to dvd's and it will take
> several.

Don't know about ddrescue.
I'm pretty sure that dd can do the job by itself,
but you might need a dvd burning program also.

Use the -skip option of dd to burn to dvds.
Use the -seek option to restore the hard drive.

I've written CDs with cp and read them with tar.
YMMV espcially since were discussing DVDs.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily