question re: multi-head gnome3

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Dec 12 20:27:25 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 11:54 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Just a warning: that mode is very buggy. I tried it for a while and when
> I reported various issues to the GNOME developers (directly, not in BZ),
> I was told that they have no plans to support anything other than the
> default "Only one monitor gets workspaces" approach.

The more I hear about things like this from the Gnome devs the more it
sounds like they're only interested in having Gnome 3 able to do things
the devs need and don't care about anybody else.  I hope I'm wrong,
because if I'm right, it won't be long before Gnome has marginalized
itself as the vast majority of users abandon it because they can't get
it to do what they need anymore.