abrtd - how to remove

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:04:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
>  I just had the lovely experience of abrt trying to be helpful - a GUI
> crash - and wanting to download 1.2 GB of debuginfo files including
> things it quite obviously (to a human) does not need.
>  I think abrtd needs help with its decisions ... it appears way too
> naive in the debuginfo files it needs.
>  That said - how do I remove it?
>  I removed abrt-libs - is that sufficient? Or is there an abrtd daemon
> that somehow needs to be removed ... F15
>  thanks

Actually I think that what is needed here is the retrace server - see:

However at the time when I was using this some time ago around the f15
rc stage there were problems and I don't know what the current status
is for this facility?

If anyone knows whether it is now up and running it would be really valuable.

mike c