Yum problem

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Dec 13 20:06:10 UTC 2011

My desktop is now out of the ICU, but it's still not running the way it
should.  At best, it's convalescent.  One of the problems is that unless
I use --releasever=16 I can't update my system, even though
/etc/fedora-release has the correct value.  This might be because all of
my repos are still for Fedora 14 as the response to yum repolist shows:

repo id                   repo name
   status
adobe-linux-i386          Adobe Systems Incorporated
       17
fedora                    Fedora 14 - i386
   17,883
fedora-xfce-4.8           Xfce 4.8 for Fedora, see
https://fedoraproject.    144
livna                     rpm.livna.org for 14 - i386
        3
rpmfusion-free            RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Free
      364
rpmfusion-free-updates    RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Free - Updates
    1,050
rpmfusion-nonfree         RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Nonfree
      176
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 14 - Nonfree - Updates
      548
updates                   Fedora 14 - i386 - Updates
    7,988
repolist: 28,173

Does anybody know how to correct this without reinstalling from scratch?