fedora equivalent of recovery disk

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 14 01:59:14 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 06:26 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, g wrote:
>> i am familiar with the dd options of -skip and -seek. just not familiar
>> with proper way to use dd with cdrecord.
>> can someone elaborate?
> cdrecord can read from a pipe.

i have read 'man cdrecord', but i did not recall using of 'pipe'. i have
now red back thru 'man cdrecord' and search for 'pipe' to see just how
pipes are used.

now i have some playing to do to see just how they work.

i have gotten used to using k3b when i do file and directory backup.

i find it easier to drag and drop files and directories in a gui than
trying to remember where everything is and enter it on a command line.

having started at cli, gui has made me lazy and not recalling of what
i once new. of course there are a lot more commands to know with the
advancing of technology. cd/dvd being just one of them.

i thank you for replying.

peace out.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

So I installed Linux.
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/