Detective work on dupes

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Dec 14 02:00:25 UTC 2011

As part of getting my system back to where it should be, I've gotten a
list of dupes from package-cleanup.  Simply telling it to resolve the
issues doesn't work because of some dependency issues.  What I'm doing
now is taking things listed as having problems, and with versions
pre-fc16 and trying to resolve them one by one.  Slow, but I might
eventually clear up the dependency issues if I'm lucky.

The first thing I tried was glew.  I only have the fc16 version of glew
installed, but I have both the fc14 and fc16 versions of glew-devel.
I'm fairly sure that it's safe to remove the older version, but I
thought I'd see what others think.  Opinions?