Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out the previous pix, but... Re: "RE: F14 login fails on backup copy; gdm error?"

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:30:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:03:20 -0800, LM (Linda) wrote:

> As far as "properly detailing what's happning to my machine", I think I
> have detailed it as much as words can say it..  what parts of, "crazy
> people are targeting and torturing my life", can't you understand sir..?

It's not a problem of "not understanding", but "not knowing any details" yet.

Please kindly point at the detailed post you refer to by providing the
link to the specific message in the list archives.
( http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/ )

I've noticed that several list members have asked for details before,
but you've not answered their questions.

What network-facing services do you run?
What firewall settings do you use?
Do you keep SELinux enforcing enabled?
Or do you turn it off or switch to permissive mode?
_What_ damage do you discover?
Do you use your computer as superuser root or ordinary user?
Do you use proprietary software like Adobe Flash?

Some of your writings sound like you run into ordinary software bugs
(or even packaging bugs), but not successful intrusion by hackers.