Fedora 16's Performance

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:47:03 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 10:30 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 14 December 2011 17:09, Robert Moskowitz<rgm at htt-consult.com>  wrote:
>> On 12/14/2011 11:18 AM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
>>
>> I am writing this because I am beginning to get frustrated with Fedora 16. I
>> am on the verge of going back to Fedora 15 so I can have some peace of mind.
>> There was a time up until now that after a RC release it would settle down
>> and run nice but with this Release that is not the case. I am not giving up
>> on Fedora as a whole but when you can't make anything run without freezing
>> screens and nvidia drivers won't install it becomes frustrating.
>>

>> Maybe I made a lot of changes at once, from a HP nc2400 with f14 to a Lenovo
>> x120e with f16.  I have not noticed any slowdowns even though the HP was a
>> duo core and the Lenovo is single.  So I would put the suspect on the nvidia
>> cruft.  And nvidia for some reason has been a long time sore spot with
>> Fedora.
>>
> Just a data-point to the other side: I'm running nvidia happily on one
> machine. Occasional gnome pauses, but they also affect my other
> (non-nvidia) computer. Adding more RAM seemed to help a bit (now at
> 3GB, previously 1.5GB), do hope this gets attention in future
> releases. (Yes bugs are filed)

I really appreciated all your help but I am still unable to install
nvidia drivers. How do I go about changing my runlevel. I downloaded
drivers from nvidia.com with instructions on how to install but I am
unable to find out how to change runlevel in order to install these
drivers. I am running a i7 950 processor with 6g of Hyperx memory 1333.
--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.