Fedora 16's Performance

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Dec 14 20:25:19 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 12:04 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> She still also sees general instability with Gnome Shell, etc.

Have either of you experimented with a different DE?  If so, is it more
stable?  If not, how do you know that it's Gnome Shell that's causing
the instability?  I'm not a fan of Gnome 3 by any means but I do think
that something like this needs testing.  Just last week I was almost
certain that I needed a new mobo, until I realized that it might be my
keyboard that died.  Installing and testing a new DE doesn't take that
long, and it's worth trying, just to be sure.  HTH, HAND.