Fedora 16's Performance

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 15 01:27:21 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 03:18 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 09:41 AM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
>> I just re-installed Fedora 16 on my desktop and before the re-install
>> every thing was running fine. Now Gnome3 is freezing and nautilus is
>> having trouble opening and the list goes on. I agree with Christopher
>> and Cox, maybe there needs to be a slow down on the eye candy and work
>> on a solid foundation for the eye candy to run on. It seems that we are
>> falling into the cart before horse syndrome.
>
> I'm getting two copies of every single one of your posts.  This is
> because you not only send them to the list, you CC them to the list as
> well.  Please stop spamming us this way because it just wastes
> bandwidth and makes you look like a twit.

FWIW, I am only getting one of every message from Lawrence Graves.
Every mail server that I've worked on will only send one copy to unique
addresses specified in message headers.  Meaning, even if you put a
unique address in multiple To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines that address will
appear only once in the SMTP envelope.  (Note: headers and envelope are
2 different things)

If I recall correctly, you had another incident of getting multiple
copies for another individual.  Are you by any chance sorting incoming
emails into folders using rules?

As I said, I am only getting one copy.  Have you verified that others
are getting multiple copies before you concluded that the problem is at
Lawrence's end?

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless