Fedora 16's Performance

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 15 02:47:47 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 10:31 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
> Mail clients differ.  It's quite possible that yours would filter out
> duplicate addresses and somebody else's would not.  (It's also possible
> that the list server would filter duplicates.)
>
> As another test, I'm also putting the Fedora list into both the To: and
> CC: lines of this message.

I am checking things on the server/network layer to eliminate the
interaction of mail clients.  FWIW, Joe seems to be using TB 8.0 and I
am using same.

I did get 2 copies of what you sent....  But, they were not "duplicates".

One message contained this in the header...

	by localhost with SMTP; 14 Dec 2011 21:31:52 -0500

While the other contained...

	by localhost with SMTP; 14 Dec 2011 21:31:52 -0500

Notice the difference of "SMTP id".

You seem to be using "Pine" as your user agent.  It has been a long time
since I used "Pine" (I was actually listed in the Credits at one point)
but it may very well be it doesn't eliminate duplicate addresses from
the envelope.

So, in your case, the "problem" has been identified as being at your end.

Lawrence Graves is using gmail and I've not been able to duplicate any
such behavior using gmail SMTP or WebMail clients.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless