recent updates followed by NXNomachine failures to complete connection (paging Craig White)

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Thu Dec 15 07:31:14 UTC 2011

I need any suggestions for diagnosing this problem:
I'm running F16, fully patched up
I run KDE with all the latest 4.7 updates
I run F16 on my server machine at my office as well, also fully patched up
I access the Fedora machine at my office from my home Fedora machine
using NX nomachine and all this has been working extremely reliably for
a long time, through F15 to F16 preupgrades, and through multiple yum
upgrades since
This weekend, system upgrades appear to have broken things:
When I try to connect, I just get a non-helpful message from the NX client:

NX> 101 User: cjremote
NX> 102 Password: ********
NX> 103 Welcome to: fedoraleesburg.local user: cjremote
NX> 105 Listsession --user="cjremote" --status="suspended\054running"
--geometry="1920x1200x24+render" --type="unix-kde"
NX> 127 Available sessions:

Display Type             Session ID                       Options  Depth
Screen         Status      Session Name
------- ---------------- -------------------------------- -------- -----
-------------- ----------- ------------------------------

NX> 148 Server capacity: not reached for user: cjremote
NX> 105 Start session with: --link="adsl" --backingstore="1"
--encryption="1" --cache="16M" --images="64M" --shmem="1" --shpix="1"
--strict="0" --composite="1" --media="0"
--session="LeesburgFedoraServer" --type="unix-kde"
--geometry="1920x1135" --client="linux" --keyboard="pc101\057us"
--screeninfo="1920x1135x24+render"
NX> 595 ERROR: A fatal error occurred in NX Server.
NX> 595 ERROR: The exception id is: E05CF77D. To get detailed
information about
NX> 595 ERROR: the error search for the string E05CF77D in the system log
NX> 595 ERROR: file (usually '/var/log/messages').
NX> 500 ERROR: Last operation failed.
NX> 280 Exiting on signal: 15

When I search on this error string in the logs as suggested, I come up
with nothing.

I ran this and got this specific output re: Nx -

systemctl list-units
UNIT
          LOAD   ACTIVE SUB       JOB DESCRIPTION
proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.automount
          loaded active waiting       Arbitrary Executable File Formats
File ......snip....
nxsensor.service
          loaded active exited        LSB: Starts and stops the
NoMachine NX Sensor.
nxserver.service
          loaded active exited        LSB: Starts and stops the
NoMachine NX Server.