intel graphic card boot error

Shibi zzgraph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:23:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:41 PM, "Germán A. Racca"
<german.racca at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 08:46 PM, Shibi wrote:
>> Hi list
>> I use a script to switch between my graphic cards on startup and shutdown.
>> there are a atu Radeon HD 5650 and an intel integrated card, because
>> of heating problems that made my gpu fan stuck, i always switch off
>> that radeon card on start up, but due to some problems that other
>> people reports about highspeed fan in boot time, i always use the
>> script to bring the radeon card back on when i shot down my laptop.
>> i don't know what i explained above is relevant but every time i boot
>> up again after power off the system with the script i get this error
>> in my screen:
>>
>> [drm:ironlake_update_pch_refclk] *ERROR* enabling SSC on PCH
>>
>> if i don't use script to shut down, I get a clean boot up.
>> what does it mean?
>> some serious problem exists when i boot up to my windows box with
>> intel card (it shows BDOS after two or tree minutes) that makes it
>> almost impossible to run windows on battery power for me because it
>> automatically uses intel graphic card and eventually get to BDOS
>> state.
>> is it a hardware problem or just a driver fault? (I like to mention
>> that my Radeon GPU fan doesn't work at all but with radeon card being
>> off i don't have any heating problems)
>
> Shibi:
>
> I can't answer your question, and even don't know what it means, but I
> have a Dell Vostro 3500 with an Intel card and when using the battery I
> also get this error message when the system comes back from suspending
> ... just to say that you are not alone :)
>
> Germán.

finally new update to kernel-3.1.5 blows everything up. when i boot
with new kernel it claims about radeon dri and tainting plymouth, it
can run xorg (cursor appears) but it cann't load  GDM at all.
disabling kms with radeon.modeset=0 in grub can solve the problem but
makes vgaswitheroo disapear, that is a great requirement for me
because of heating, battery drain and fan malfunction.
> --
> Germán A. Racca
> Fedora Package Maintainer
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Skytux
> --

Shahab Shahsavari Alavidjeh
شهاب شهسواری علویجه
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
Weblog: http://piamak.wordpress.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/zzgraph