2 Thunderbird problems. Filters and S-L-O-W downloading.

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:42:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
<mjc at avtechpulse.com> wrote:

> You can configure TB to only download messages when required. Disable:
>
> Edit > Acct Settings > Some Acct > Sync & Storage > Keep Messages on this
> Computer
>
> That will reduce the download requirements, which may or may not be what you
> want.

I want local copies of all the emails on my local machine, so I don't
want to do that.

The slow POP account has ~100,000 emails in it on Google.  The
Thunderbird folder they are going into has ~21,000.   Does this have
anything to do with it ?

The other accounts had fewer emails in them and downloaded hundreds of
emails at a time.