Help! Gnome-Shell segfault.

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs986 at att.net
Thu Dec 15 17:39:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:08:52 +0000
Arthur Dent <misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>>> whack

> To tell you the truth I have not noticed any real difference between
> the nvidia and the nouveau drivers. I guess I should just stay with
> nouveau. Is there anything I should be aware of while using nouveau
> instead of the proprietary nvidia driver?
>
> Is it worth persisting with nvidia?
>
> Thanks for all the help...
>
> Mark

Mark (or Arthur or Hey You...)

I've found the Nouveau drivers work well for me, although I have used
the nVidia drivers in the past. Frankly, I can't tell the difference
between Nouveau and nVidia, and I avoid a lot of hassles.

I'm using a two year old Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT card and a 2007 vintage
Acer 17 inch LCD monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution, and It's OK with
full screen Flash

-- cmg