Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 15 20:29:38 UTC 2011

Am 15.12.2011 21:24, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 12/15/2011 11:57 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> what you are trying to tell us here is simply impossible if you
>> are not so dumb and everytime you reinstall your computer restore
>> a compromised userhome with a autostart
>
> There's another possibility.  Back when I was working in tech support,
> I helped a very nice gentleman once, who was certain that his neighbors
> were packet-sniffing his dial-up account and that the building's manager
> was slipping in and messing up his connection's configuration.

so what

even if someone is sniffing my whole traffic i can not imageine
how he would intruse my system - packages are signed, the real
relevant traffic is encrypted, ssh must not use the same passwords
like any unimportant web-account

sorry but if someone is messing permanently your computer from
outside you must do many things terrible wrong