Replace libreoffice with openoffice rpms

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Dec 16 03:42:13 UTC 2011

I have had a problem with libreoffice properly rendering graphics in
documents (vertical and hoizontal lines do not display). Never had this
problem with OO.org in <=f14. Therefore I removed libreoffice and
installed OO from rpms from OO.org site. I am now able to read the
documents OK.

However, after a while an update for package libreoffice-ure appears
that won't install. It conflicts with openoffice.org-ure for reasons
that are beyond me. This is with Libreoffice completely removed.

I tried reinstalling libreoffice but it requires that OO be removed.

I then removed OO and re-installed libreoffice and tried to re-install
OO and it indicates conflicts regarding the operoffice.org-ure package
also. So OO.org and libreOffice can't coexist.

Therefore, I need to go back to just OO.org. Is there a way to cause f16
to not try to update libreoffice-ure when libreO is removed and replaced
with OO?

-gene